Whip up a delectable homemade treat with this easy Cheese Danish recipe using convenient crescent rolls as the base! Delight in the luscious, creamy cheese filling nestled within layers of buttery, flaky pastry, and topped with buttery cinnamon sugar and nuts.
Keep reading to find out how to make the best Cream Cheese Danish with crescent rolls for a delicious breakfast, snack, or dessert.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Homemade Cheese Danish
Cheese Danishes can be complex to make, but not with this super easy cream cheese Danish recipe. An irresistible sweet cream cheese filling is sandwiched between two layers of flaky dough and baked in the oven. The puff pastry is made with Pillsbury Crescent Rolls - you will need two cans.
It also doesn't get much easier than making the cream cheese filling for this Danish recipe – it's simply cream cheese and sugar. When it comes to cream cheese, the Philadelphia brand cooks up reliably every time.
What is a cheese Danish without a good topping? The topping for this easy cheese Danish is made from fresh creamery butter, sugar, and a hint of cinnamon. The sugar in the topping adds the perfect caramelized touch. You can finish off the topping with chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds.
This old-fashioned Pillsbury Crescent Rolls Cream Cheese Danish will delight you with the buttery, flaky texture of the pastry and the creamy soft custard cream cheese filling for Danish inside. It's the perfect weekend brunch recipe.
Why You Should Try This Easy Cream Cheese Danish With Crescent Rolls
This really simple and easy cheese Danish recipe will take care of your family's sweet tooth cravings without keeping you in the kitchen for very long. If you use Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, this cream cheese Danish recipe is very simple to make, and when you make it, your family and guests will be amazed at your expertise.
Skip those store-bought danishes and make this easy cream cheese Danish with crescent rolls version instead.
It takes a long time to make puff pastry from scratch, but if you are inspired to do so, click here for a great video on how to make puff pastry.
Pillsbury Crescent Rolls Cream Cheese Danish - Ingredients You Will Need
These are all very basic ingredients that are easy to find at the grocery store.
- Refrigerated crescent rolls
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
How to Make This Cream Cheese Danish Recipe
This is a very easy way to make Danishes with cream cheese. Here are the steps:
- Press crescent rolls into the bottom of a baking dish.
- Combine the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, egg, and vanilla, and spread the mixture over the dough.
- Place crescent rolls over the cream cheese layer.
- Combine the butter, the remaining sugar, the cinnamon, and nuts and spread it over the top dough layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 350°F and serve cut into rectangles.
Note: It's best to keep the crescent dough in your refrigerator until ready to use to prevent it from becoming sticky and difficult to work with.
This is an easy cheese Danish recipe, and it's equally easy to vary it if you choose. Here are some ideas:
- Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Danish: Press mini chocolate chips into the dough.
- Colorful Cream Cheese Danish: Swirl syrup (e.g., chocolate, blueberry, strawberry) into the cream cheese mixture for streaks of color and additional flavor.
- Cream Cheese Fruit Danish: Top the cream cheese mixture with your choice of fruit spread before adding the top dough layer.
- Cream Cheese Maple Sugar Danish: Substitute maple sugar for regular sugar.
- Lemon Cream Cheese Danish: Add lemon curd to the cream cheese mixture.
How to Serve Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish
You can enjoy this delicious treat for breakfast or as an addition to brunch.
A piece of cheese Danish is just what you want with your coffee or tea break.
Serve your cream cheese Danish with a dollop of whipped cream for a delicious dessert.
How to Store Leftover Cream Cheese Danish
Refrigerator: This crescent roll cream cheese Danish is so delicious it will disappear in no time. However, if you have leftovers cover it with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Freeze After Baking: Store tightly sealed in a freezer-safe container or wrapping for up to 4 months. Defrost it in the fridge overnight and serve it cold or bring it up to room temperature for an hour or so before baking.
Freeze Before Baking: When ready to use, let your Danish sit at room temperature for about an hour before baking.
If you love this vintage cheese Danish recipe, try this vintage recipe for Walnut Pie.
Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Unroll one can of crescent rolls and press it into the bottom of a baking dish, pressing perforations together to form a flat sheet of dough. Ease the edges of the dough slightly up the sides of the dish.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, the egg, and vanilla. Spread over crescent roll dough.
- Unroll another can of crescent rolls and place it over the cream cheese layer, pressing perforations together. Press the edges together to seal.
- Combine melted butter, the remaining ½ cup of sugar, the cinnamon, and the nuts. Spread evenly over the top layer of dough. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden. To serve, cut into rectangles.