Get ready to be smitten by this scrumptious Strawberry Pretzel Dip, a delightful fusion of sweet and salty flavors that will leave your taste buds dancing! This delectably creamy dip combines cream cheese, fluffy whipped topping, strawberry pie filling, powdered sugar, and salty pretzels for an irresistible snack.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why This Classic Strawberry Pretzel Dip Is Perfect for a Party
Anyone who's been to a few Southern picnics has likely run across the oddly named Strawberry Pretzel Salad. There are as many veggies in the dish as in the more widely known Jello Salad, which is to say none.
We may never know what makes it a salad, but what makes it delicious is obvious. It's the way the tangy cream cheese plays perfectly with the sweet strawberry pie filling and salty pretzel pieces, while the airy whipped topping keeps everything from getting too heavy.
Strawberry Pretzel Dip delivers all the flavors of the classic dessert in a more party-friend form, and it's definitely worth trying.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
This recipe's play on the retro Strawberry Pretzel Salad gives your guests the option of a sweet dip. It's a bright and summery dish you can serve any time of year to add a bit of sunshine to any occasion.
Once you try strawberry cream cheese pretzel dip, you will want to make it a permanent addition to your parties.
Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Dip Ingredients
For this recipe, you'll need:
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped topping
- Strawberry pie filling, canned
Utz's Old Fashioned Pretzel Rods work well in his recipe. Stick with salted pretzels and avoid sourdough or extra dark varieties for the best flavor.
How to Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dip
To prepare this dip:
- Put the cream cheese on the counter to soften for about ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop half of a cup of pretzels into small pieces. Reserve for later.
- Combine the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. If you don't have a stand mixer, use an electric mixer or mix by hand if you want a good workout.
- Mix on medium until you can't see patches of the powdered sugar. Add the whipped topping and continue to mix until fully incorporated
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and use a rubber spatula to fold the chopped pretzels and about three-quarters of the can of strawberry pie filling into the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least half an hour.
- Transfer the dip into a serving bowl. To avoid throwing away all the dip at the end of the night, use a smaller serving bowl that you can refill if you run out. Garnish the dip with some of the remaining pie filling.
What to Dunk Into This Strawberry Pretzel Dip
There are other options beyond just using traditional pretzels for dunking. Many people prefer lighter pretzel crisps. Sturdy, rather plain cookies like butter or shortbread make good dippers, as do marshmallows and graham crackers.
How to Store Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Dip
To save in the fridge for up to three days, transfer any unserved dip to an airtight container. For food safety reasons, don't keep any dip you served or have been sitting out for more than a few minutes.
How Long Does It Last
Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dip should stay good to eat for up to three days, but the pretzel pieces will soften over time.
More Dip Recipes
Strawberry Pretzel Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping thawed to room temperature
- ½ cup finely chopped pretzels
- 1 20-ounce can strawberry pie filling, divided use
- pretzel chips and/or fresh fruit for serving
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar using an electric mixer.
- Add the whipped topping and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the chopped pretzels and about ¾ of the can of pie filling and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Cover the dip and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining pie filling.
- Serve with pretzel chips and/or fresh fruit.